Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Robotics League Kickoff day

I was fortunate to attend the Seattle area's kickoff event for 2010 FIRST Robotics Competition. I arrived by 6:30 AM local time to join about 1,000 other people in the Mount Lake Terrace High School north of Seattle. At 7:00 we participated in the worldwide simulcast on NASA TV for the main kickoff location in Manchester, New Hampshire.

A couple of days ago, my son and I went to a pot luck event celebrating the Fall's FIRST Lego League season. During the presentation we were invited to go to the Saturday kick-off event if we're interested in mentoring this year. I've never really been involved in Robotics, but I figure I'll give this a try. I had a blast today learning about this year's challenge and starting to learn how the competition is set up and whats possible as far as robot design and implementation.

No comments: